September 30, 2015

The Positives from Living with IBD


There are so many ways UC has made me a stronger person. 
  1. Resilience
  2. Determination
  3. Wisdom
  4. Perspective
  5. Empathy
  6. Better self awareness
  7. Better sense of humor

When you are down, always remember the colour in which you see the world may not be its true colour. That colour may be a completely different colour from what someone else sees. It's a colour from your own perspective. We don't know what we don't know.

Any problem is as big as how we perceive it. Try to see it differently. Try to take tiny steps to change the negative energy into positive ones.

Don't have expectations from anyone, not because they are bad people. But simply because it's IMPOSSIBLE for the world to behave the way you expect. Stop worrying about who cares for you and who doesn't. Focus on taking care of yourself.

I felt so much more at peace during my most difficult days.
I did not gossip.
I did not complain.
I did not suppress my feelings.
I did not care at all about what others thought.
I listened to my own body.
I was grateful for the little things.
I found silence soothing.
I am who I am not because of what I do or what I have.


Be productive not busy
Don't take things personally: Someone's opinion is about them not me


No comments:

Post a Comment